Asset Preservation, Inc.
Many investors are becoming aware that the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) provides a vehicle for deferring capital gain taxes while disposing of investment property. This vehicle is the IRC Section 1031 exchange.
As a leading national qualified intermediary, Asset Preservation is committed to providing its exchange customers with unmatched service and the highest level of security available in the 1031 exchange industry. From the customer’s first contact with an API representative, API’s professional exchange counselors, attorneys and accountants work together to meet the customer’s service needs in order to ensure a smooth transaction with no surprises. In the background, API management maintains tight financial controls and multi-layered security systems necessary to provide a level of comfort and the quality of performance relied on by sophisticated investors and Corporate America; we call it “The API Advantage™.”
The API Advantage™
- API’s Exchange Counselors, attorneys and accountants provide personal attention to each exchange.
- API’s specialized Commercial Division staff handles complex exchange transactions where sophistication, speed and institutional flexibility are needed to get the job done.
- API is a member in good standing of the Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA), the tax-deferred exchange industry’s only national trade organization.
- API’s staff is available for free consultation regarding all §1031 exchange matters.
- API’s website includes the ability to initiate a tax deferred exchange 24/7.
- API maintains fidelity bond coverage, Errors & Omissions coverage and has implemented other protections for its customers that go beyond the typical protections offered by other qualified intermediaries.
- API is a member of the Stewart Family of companies under the umbrella of Stewart Information Services Corporation (SISCO), a NYSE publicly traded company. Upon request, Stewart issues a Letter of Assurance (LOA) to each of API’s exchange customers. Under the terms of this LOA, SISCO assures API’s performance of its obligations under its Exchange Agreement. The coverage provided by the LOA is not limited to a specific dollar amount like a bond or Errors & Omissions coverage.
- Exchange funds are not commingled with API’s Operating Accounts. API offers multiple investment options to suit our customer’s needs. In addition, our customers may request that API obtain their notarized signature for the movement of funds – an additional security feature.